Tuesday, October 30, 2012

FHE

Well last night for family home evening we finally carved our pumpkins. The boys have been begging for weeks, ever since I pulled them out of the garden, to carve them. I knew they wouldn't last that long so I finally relented last night. James carved 2, which is to say mommy carved 2, a monster and a flying spider. Benji carved a scary guy and Dave carved a goofy guy. It was really fun. My boys really want to be more involved I decided. I have been having them help me out more around the house and they had have been gaining more confidence in it. They want to help with laundry, and making dinner and setting the table and cleaning toilets. It's almost as if they are craving that and I haven't really been allowing it. And yesterday I just let them do their thing and they did awesome. Sometimes it's hard for my mind to just let go. Either preconceived notions that they won't want to do these things or that if they did I would end up having to do it all over again. I am learning a lot as a mom. My kids teach me more about life now than I ever knew before. "...And a little child shall lead them." (Isaiah 11:6) I am so thankful to my little men who are so patient with a crazy, OCD, mother and also very forgiving. I just want to make sure every day that they know how much I love them and how sorry I am when I mess up which is a lot.