Tuesday, February 19, 2013

It was the best of times...it was the worst of times

So last week we went on an adventure to Disneyland. It was stressful and fun and I wish we didn't have to share it with thousands of other people but for the most part it felt like we had the place to ourselves. It's sort of interesting living in this bubble world that I do. For the most part people are generally nice but somehow the rest of the world is becoming a bit cutthroat and crazy. The first two days at Disney and California adventure were nice and restful and sort of peaceful. Only one woman chided me under her breath about the lack of my watching my son because he threw his stuffed mouse two feet in front of her feet. I just feel bad that she had to be so ornery at the "happiest place on earth." Then the third day was Valentine's day and all the crazies came out to Disneyland. It was so stressful. I was about ready to head home but Dave took us over to California Adventure and we ended up having a really great time. My boys were pretty amazing, especially Mr. Tornado. All I had to do was threaten to buy him a leash or rent a stroller and that calmed him right down. We ate some pretty amazing meals and spent a fortune doing so, thankfully we got our tax refund back in 1 week the day before we left on our trip. So we had money to burn.  ;0) I even lost a few pounds while we were there. Gluten free must be helping and walking 10-20 miles a day probably helped too. Overall it was a really fun experience even if people are crazy. :0) Would I go again? Probably, but next time I would try to avoid any kind of holiday. I am so thankful to Dave too for being so chill all the time. We didn't have to rush or see this or see that or set any kind of agenda. We just flew by the seat of our pants. My kind of flying and I love that Dave appreciates that too. He is a pretty amazing guy especially since he has such a crazy wife.