Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Getting Ready for the Move

So this week has been super busy. I have been painting my little heart out at our new place. My mom and I painted the kitchen cabinets, black, which is awesome, not like you would think. I love it. I have to hand it to my mom for helping me out. It took about 5-5 1/2 hours to complete the task. She's a real trooper and I couldn't have done it without her. Yesterday I painted the laundry room. There is a lot of shelving and cabinets in there and I painted them white, (which the whole room already was white, but I gave it a fresh coat) the walls I painted a tanish brown color. It looks pretty good. Now all I need is to finish off a bathroom in the laundry room and we'll be done with the whole house. We might rip the whole thing out and start all over, that's how bad it is. There is a shower in there butted up in the corner and it is very dark in there and not much space to maneuver around in. There is also a toilet and sink which the toilet works I guess, but the sink isn't quite hooked up. They are both pretty crammed. I wouldn't mind just have a toilet and a sink, a half bath. There is just too much going on in such a small space.

Today I have been moving stuff over from our house and I painted behind the refrigerator. It was still just sheet rocked. I guess there was a plumbing problem before and they drywalled, but didn't paint over it so I did that today. I also really need to add another coat to the brown paint in the laundry room. Hopefully if all goes well and the weather cooperates we'll be moving in on Saturday, at least the major things. Well I better get back to work. We love you all.