Sunday, November 18, 2007

Rivalry Week

Everyone who went to BYU or Utah and is a football fan knows the importance of this coming week. BYU will face off at Lavell Edwards Stadium against Utah. Everyone knows that BYU has had a hard time winning this game in the Ed, but they are undefeated in conference play and are looking surprisingly good for having a new quarterback. Utah, on the other hand is looking scary with their six game winning streak and 50-0 drubbing of Wyoming last week.

As a Cougar fan, I am both looking forward to and not looking forward to this game. I am not looking forward to this game for two reasons: 1) new quarterback Max Hall has been shaky for part of the season with fumbles and interceptions and Utah is very good on defense. 2) Utah's defense will exploit any weakness that Max Hall has, and I am not sure that Max Hall is ready for the type of pressure that will come at him. I am looking forward to the game because of two reasons: 1) Harvey Unga is the man and he can take over a game. 2) The Cougar defense is good enough to contain the Ute offense to minimal points and you know they will be ready for a big game like this.

I will be watching the game with a Ute fan and he will be talking smack but being a good BYU alum, I won't be reciprocating because that isn't who I am. So, bring the smack Ute fans, we are just going to play some football. I'm out.