Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Liiiiight Buuuulb!

Do you ever have those light bulb moments? Well this morning I had one. Nothing too grand and I am sure most people have probably figured this out by now, but I was reading the tree of life account in the Book of Mormon and for some reason it finally became personal. The tree of life is the love of God and the only way we can get there is through the word of God or holding on to the iron rod. Now the thing that got me the most today was the mists of darkness. I feel like I have been traveling through those mists of darkness several times this past year. I feel like the powers of hell and darkness have been closing in on me and surrounding me trying to take me away from the path and the iron rod. I don't know if anyone else has felt that before but it's very taxing and trying and you feel weak and tempted to do things you know you wouldn't normally do, but the thing is the only way to make it through is to NEVER let go of the rod. Never stop reading your scriptures. They are our lifeline. They are the only way we can make it to that tree and taste of the sweet love our Father in Heaven and our Savior Jesus Christ have to offer us. I am so thankful for the sweet simplicity of the gospel. The peace and steady assurance it gives me. Life is a mess, but the gospel is the sure foundation where we will not crumble when the storms of life try to beat us down. LIIIIGHT BUUUULB!