Thursday, July 21, 2011

Success

I have finally come up with a caramel corn that doesn't make me sick or give me an instant headache. I used:
3/4 c. Evaporated cane juice sugar (the other stuff makes me sick)
2 T. Agave nectar (instead of corn syrup which gives me the instant headache)
1 stick of butter
1/2-1 tsp. Molasses (since I don't use brown sugar)
1/2 tsp mexican vanilla
Anyway it was so good more buttery than sugary. I even cheat and just cook up my favorite popsecret homestyle microwave popcorn (2 bags), take out all the old maids, and it's done. I am so happy and in heaven. I don't usually make it because of the headache, but with the agave nectar it's perfect. I finally found a really good use for it, caramel popcorn, since it has been sitting in my cupboard. A great corn syrup substitute. I only wish I would have figured it out a year ago.