Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Volleyball

Last night Dave took me to play volleyball. I haven't played in a long time, mostly because I have a bum shoulder and although I am probably doing it severe damage, I had so much fun. What is it about this game that gets me so happy. Is it the fact that for 2 hours I get to be myself and not a mom or a wife. It's the one place where I feel like I can hold my own, where I am really good (for a girl) and people respect me for it. Where it brings back memories of Dave and I first getting to know eachother and playing volleyball at the park. Or is it when one of Dave's coworkers says "you should have brought your wife sooner than this, she is way better than you." Maybe it is a combination of them all and I definitely couldn't have done it without Dave's parents being willing to watch the boys last night. I am so in love with playing volleyball, especially when it is a bit competitive and especially when I can get a good hit past a really tall blocker dude who thinks he is going to stuff it right back in my face or when I get a good dig up off the floor that no one expects you too, let alone myself. Oh I am so happy. I love me some volleyball.