Saturday, March 17, 2012

Remembering

Dave pulled out an old relic from the closet the other day and it got me thinking about the first time I saw him in it on our first date. I thought he was a door-to-door salesman. I wanted him to go away because my date would be there really soon and I didn't want to deal with him. I guess that is one of the downfalls of internet dating, sometimes your picture isn't exactly how you think the person looks. Anyway it got me thinking about how much we have been through the last almost 8 years and how much we have changed but in changing how much we have grown closer and how little we knew what real love really was. Who knew this would be what it has become. Who knew this guy who I thought was trying to make a sell would end up doing all that he does for me and the boys because he loves us, he loves me. He has given me so much just becuse he loves me. I am thankful everyday for this guy who was a complete stranger, who married me after only 10 weeks of knowing each other (I don't know who was more crazy, me or him) and becoming this really cool cohesion of gloppiness that works. And I love remembering those first moments of being in love and finding eachother and how much I really wanted to go home for the first hour or so on our first date, but I am glad I stayed and I am thankful for a man who loves me and shows me that love everyday.