Monday, June 18, 2012

Cherries

My neighbors, whom I love, let us have free reign of their cherry tree by our fence. I picked 3 buckets full, one I gave away, one I actually turned into two cherry pies for Father's Day, and one I will eat. It was so fun to go out and pick the cherries. It reminded me of my childhood. We had a huge cherry tree in our front yard and I would climb up in the trees, since I was such a little monkey, and just eat cherries to my hearts content. I know I am in my thirties but I still lovse to climb trees. It's not nearly as easy to do now, but so fun. I wish we had a good climbing tree in our yard right now. Maybe I could plant one. Anyway I am so grateful to my neighbors who are so willing to share their abundance. And so grateful that this old gal can occassionally relive her childhood.