Monday, November 12, 2012

Peace

This past week things didn't turn out the way I wanted them to and it left a really sinking sick feeling in my stomach. I couldn't sleep and what little sleep I could get were filled with nightmares about the future. So I did the only thing I know how to give me peace. I went into the living room and pulled out my scriptures and read and prayed and read and prayed for what seemed like agonizing hours. And somewhere in the middle of the night the peace and solace I craved finally came. I don't know what my future holds, it may be dark and it may be rough and it may scare me right out if my pants like Dr. Suess says but All Is Well. Our loving Father in Heaven and our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ will never leave us comfortless. That is one of the beautiful gifts of the atonement. The peace it can bring when all hope is lost. The Joy that is ours when the world seems so dark and gloomy. He is there for us if we just ask for His help. I love that I am never alone. There is one who has suffered all and can give us the perspective of One who has been through all. I am so thankful for Him. He is my joy, my light, my hope in the dark. And He is there for you too, just ask...He is waiting.