Thursday, November 22, 2012

There is something a little different

Something weird is going on, something I haven't felt in a long time. I have been doing a little experiment. About 2 months ago I went to see my endocrinologist. I am sort of at the end of my rope. It has been 2+ years since I have started my treatments and I felt like maybe the more they could give me the better. I was becoming dependent on the medicine to make me feel better, I wanted a quick fix a pill to solve my problems. So I took my blood test and waited for the results,  waited for the doctor to increase my dose. In the meantime my medicine was running low. I didn't want to order a new months worth when in two days I was going to have a different dose. So I sort of stopped taking it for a few days. Then I never heard from the doctor. Normal people would probably call by now, but my little heart told me something else. So I bought a new dose and started an experiment. I only take the medicine when my goiter feels swollen. So at first I took it 2-3 times a week then it went down to once a week and now I haven't had any medicine in over a week. And something has definitely changed. I feel alive again. My mind is clearer than it has been in a long time. My body still gets tired sometimes but in a different way. In a normal way. My muscles don't automatically hurt all the time, I feel a little more limber. Mentally and emotionally I feel better. Which just makes everything else sunshine and roses. I am happy! So my only conclusion can be is that my medicine was doing way more harm than good. So what do I do from here? I still haven't figured that out. I need to get back to exercising, I know. I need to eat better, I know.  I have been on a bit of a hiatus. But somehow I feel like I am going in the right direction. I don't recommend this course of action for anyone but somehow I know it is the right thing for me at this time. And who knows what the future will hold, but the new starting point is beginning great and I am excited about the possibilities. Now it's time for some action.