Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Two extra lumps

This morning I awoke to two extra lumps in my bed. I haven't gotten much sleep in the last 7 years but I am so thankful for the two extra lumps who give me life and purpose and such unconditional love. They have given me so much more than I could possibly imagine. I must say that some days are hard especially when my own bed is extra lumpy and I am tired because of knees and elbows in my back or hair getting pulled or my head getting butted. But there are those moments in between teeth grinding and Dave snoring and Zoey snoring that I find such joy. I have a family. I have people who love me and who I can't help but love them back just as deeply. It ain't always roses around here, I can yell a lot, but there is something so hilarious about the whole process that even in the midst of the crazy it is so crazy that you can't help but laugh at the absurdity of it all. So I am thankful for the little lumps in my life that sometimes feel like a pain but are truly my most precious cargo.