Monday, December 17, 2012

Change

Last week we had our carpets cleaned downstairs. They were getting a little black in places and really ugly. Upstairs is horrible too but we hope to get some new carpet or wood floors someday. Anyway downstairs has never felt quite right. Sort of a mish mash of weirdness. No order. So we have been rearranging rooms, switching rooms, trying to figure out the best use of space. It feels good, having a house of order, a use for each space, a specific purpose. I now have plans to paint too. I have never been quite sure what to do. It only took 4 years and I am so excited to get started, well as soon as we get a little extra dough. Even with all these new changes we are making I am finally feeling like this is OUR home. This is the longest we have lived anywhere so I was never quite sure we were going to stay but even if we have to move tomorrow I can still make our space ours. I love change. Change is good.