Monday, January 14, 2013

One last song

My sweet neighbor passed away on Saturday and I am extremely happy for her. Her funeral is tomorrow and I am deeply honored because they asked me to play the organ. Little ol' me. I am so thankful to her and her family because they sort of gave me the confidence and became my organ groupies at church. They would always come early and listen to my prelude music and tell me how wonderful I am. Nothing gave me confidence in my abilities like they did especially when I was struggling at the beginning. I wanted to get to church early just so I could play, for them. And they have never been short on praise. So tomorrow I get to play one last time for my number one fan (at least that's how I see her). It's going to be hard but I am so thankful for this opportunity. I'll miss you sweet neighbor.