Sunday, March 24, 2013

The Dentist

I have not been a big fan of the dentist lately. It seems like every time I go there is bad news. Well this last time was no exception. Two of my teeth were showing decay. One more so than the other. I had them both filled on Friday but it feels like I am in for a root canal on one of them. Yay me! This so stinks and according to some research I have done it could be a byproduct of my autoimmune disorder as if things couldn't be more exciting. I get dry mouth at night (caused by the medicine or the disorder I don't know) which leads to bacteria growing which causes tooth decay. Who knew? Looks like I am headed for a life of dentures by the time I reach 40 or so it feels like. Hopefully I can find some way to help myself before it gets too costly. Just another trial to bear I suppose hopefully I can smile my way through it with a mouth full of teeth instead of a mouth full of gums.