Monday, July 8, 2013

I am thankful

I know my dad will probably think I am saving his bacon, but in all reality he has saved mine. He mentioned he would like to run a 5k. Which for my dad is pretty awesome and then somehow we got talking about triathlons. Well there is one in October and I am so gun-ho about it. I don't know if I mentioned this or not but the past few weeks have been devastating for me. I had sort of given up. I didn't care about not eating gluten or sugar (did I mention I had given up sugar for a couple of weeks?). I was in self destruct mode. I had lost my whole purpose for trying to be healthy and get my clock working again. What was the point when it was a fruitless endeavor? But now I have a new goal. Something to look forward to. I went on a 6 mile bike ride with my dad Saturday. I ran while my boys rode their bike and scooter this morning. I am hoping to get some laps in the pool a couple of times a week. I have a new purpose and I just have to thank my dad for putting the idea out there. I am so excited!