Monday, July 22, 2013

Girls Camp

I spent last week at girls camp and every day up to it I dreaded going and frankly that's how I knew I needed to go. Have you ever had that happen to you? Where something that will be for your best benefit will somehow be your worst dread. I think Satan knows what would be for our best good and tells us lies constantly to try and get us to not do the thing that would make us most happy. And boy was he working quadruple overtime on me. I am so glad I didn't listen. It was one of the best experiences. We were able to ride horses, go on a hike in a slot canyon, swim in a pond and I got to know the girls and fall in love with each one of them. They are amazing. The youth of today are incredible. They have a tremendously rough road ahead of them and they bear their burdens with amazing tenacity. I am completely proud of the girls. They dropped all their walls and came together as a group. Friendships were formed that I would never had thought of. I am so thankful for my calling in the church. These girls are amazing and I learn so much from them. I am so thankful for the opportunities I have been given to learn, to grow, to become closer to my Savior. I hope that someday when I see Him again He will be pleased with the efforts I am trying to make. I know I have a long road still ahead of me, I know I have a lot to learn and I know I have a lot of work to do, but I feel like I am headed in the right direction. I am so thankful for the gospel of Jesus Christ, for the scriptures I can read, the wisdom they impart. I am thankful to a loving Heavenly Father and my Savior Jesus Christ for wanting what is best for me and what would make me the most happy. Even though those things sometimes are very hard to swallow, they truly open up amazing blessings I would never have been given if tough experiences hadn't been gone through. I am truly blessed.