Sunday, September 1, 2013

What we need

This past week has been a comedy of errors. I killed our stove top again canning, blew out the filament and it shot a hole through the bottom of the canner, no longer holds water. Shmooshed my last bowl of peaches while trying to reach for the last peach on the tree. Then for some reason I got it in my head that I wasn't teaching in church, but then I figured it out last night only to study the wrong months lesson. Yes, we are in September now, but it didn't really dawn on me until 10:30 and our church starts at 1. So I hurried and studied some more taking down all sorts of notes only to leave said notes at home and a book I was going to reference. But despite the crazy week and my mental slowness I feel so completely blessed because truly in our hour of need we are taken care of. I had an extra canner to use, eventually I will fix my stove top again, I made some yummy peach syrup out of the squashed peaches, and I was able to lead a very awesome discussion with my class. I could probably freak out and lose control and get upset, but for some reason (probably that I am coo-coo) I just had to laugh and carry on. It was all so ridiculous. I am truly thankful for my blessed life. I have so much and I am so thankful for all the things I have. Life is wonderful despite all the set backs we may face. I could have it much worse.