Tuesday, September 3, 2013

No place I'd rather be

I was talking to a friend yesterday. Her husband is out of town a lot and when he comes home she likes to get out with friends and get a break. She wondered if I felt the same way and that maybe I loved my kids more. The thing is I do love my family, they drive me absolutely bonkers but they are also my very best friends. If I get tired of my boys it's actually Dave who I love to be with. He is my calm place. He is the one who makes me the most happy. And there is no place I would rather be than with him. I think wherever you can find that is great. I am just lucky enough to have it be Dave and even being with my boys is my greatest joy and happiness. I have felt more and more impressed by how little time I really have with them. They are growing up so fast and they are only going to think I am awesome for a little while longer. I really have to do the best I can for me and my family and for me that is being with them. Do I think my way is better? No, but it works for me. And for me there is no place else I'd rather be.