Sunday, October 13, 2013

It's a great but hard day

Well Benji turned 8 today. I can't believe he is getting so big. Who knew 8 years would pass so quickly, but according to Ben they have been soooo long. I am so proud of the boy he is and the choices he makes, well most of the time. He is a bit of a know-it-all and I need to apologize to my mom because I am pretty sure I was the exact same way. He is a big teddy bear and hates to make anyone feel bad, at least on purpose. He is kind, very tender hearted. He is so excited to start scouts. They have a pinewood derby on Tuesday. His car may not make it down the track but I hope he has had fun making it with his dad. I still just can't get over how old my kid is.
But with this day will always come a bit of sadness. It's been two years since Lucy passed. It's not bittersweet in any way I think it's more sweet because of the knowledge I have. I know that Lucy still lives on. I know we will see her again. I know that Heavenly Father created a plan for each of us and hers just happened to involve a shorter time frame for getting hers done. I am amazed at the people she touched and how many lives she affected and changed for the better. She accomplished so much in her 15 months on earth than some people do in a lifetime. I am deeply grateful she is a part of our family. I will always remember her on this day. I am thankful for the principle of eternal families. That I have been able to seal mine together forever in the temple. That God loves His children enough to allow them the opportunity to live together even after we are gone from this earth. I miss those who have gone before, but I have a sweet and undeniable peace that I will see them all again. It makes hard days like this a little easier. So to my big boy, Happy Birthday! And to Lucy, see you soon sweetie!