Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Trials

Recently we have had a string of financial trials. One right after another. And a string of them within a week. The first one wasn't too bad, the second about did me in and the last two were when I learned I had to just let go. And despite the large chunk of money we have had to put out and get credit for I am thankful for the blessings and the even greater trials that could have occurred.
First our fridge broke down a month or two ago we paid for a lot of it but had to finance some. And just when we were getting back on our feet we had to buy a new stove. Then Zoey got her teeth cleaned and ended up having 10 of them pulled. Last Dave needed two new tires. All in total it has added up to a substantial amount of money. Ouch!
But despite all the money I feel truly blessed. Our stove could have caught fire and burned our house down. Dave's tires were so bald they could have exploded any minute and caused a major accident resulting in a lost car or even a lost husband. And Zoey must have been in so much pain with all her bad teeth that it was worth any price to make her feel better. Even though it cost a lot, it was a small price to pay for what could have happened had we continued on the path we were. I know my Heavenly Father is mindful of me and my family. He will provide a way for us to pay these debts off. I know we'll be okay and I am so thankful to His loving kindness.