Monday, November 4, 2013

Sickness

We have been plagued by sickness this last week or so. Between a stomach virus and the croup I am about done with the whole mess. Especially after last night. I thought for sure I would be taking James to the hospital. He had a really bad attack which freaked him out causing him to cough constantly and his bronchials to tighten and tighten and tighten which freaked him out even more which isn't good. We tried everything we could think of and which he would allow us to do. But he refused to go to the doctor, he refused a breathing treatment at first and he adamantly refused a priesthood blessing. I wasn't sure why he was so opposed to everything. Finally I convinced him to let his dad give him a blessing. He wasn't too happy about it. He was blessed that he would be made well and whole. Well it didn't quite happen like in the movies where it is immediate. I then got him to take a breathing treatment while I got ready to take him on a midnight run to the hospital. He wouldn't sit down long enough to have the treatment. He is such a momma's boy that he wouldn't do that without me. Finally Dave got him settled down and by the time I was ready to go, he was vastly improved. His dad had calmed him down enough that he had quieted his lungs and the second breathing treatment of the night could work and the blessing could come into fruition. I was so scared. He could hardly inhale any air. He still refused to go to the hospital and I gave him some medicine that should help. He wanted to go watch a movie and eat chicken nuggets so I complied thinking if anything changed for the worse again, I could easily run him to the hospital. I am happy to report we finally went to bed around 1:30 although it took some convincing to not watch another movie, and he slept through the night and will hopefully sleep in this morning. I am so thankful for the power of the priesthood. I am so thankful Dave holds the priesthood and is worthy to exercise it on our behalf. I'm not sure if we could have survived the night without it. I am also thankful for medicine that can help us in our very need. That the spirit can guide you to know what to do even though you're not sure it will work and that you're not a doctor. I am thankful for a loving Father in heaven who hears and answers prayers. Even if it's not always the answer we want or in the time frame we want. He really just wants what is best for us.