Monday, April 21, 2014

What would you have done?

I had a really great day today. Easter is a beautiful time to celebrate the Atonement and resurrection of our Savior Jesus Christ. We had a wonderful church service. So beautiful. My friends daughter sang the most beautiful song. Children are amazing and her voice was so sweet and pure. She is seven and yet the eyes of the congregation were wet with tears. So beautiful.

But the thing that sticks out in my mind tonight, the reason I can't seem to find sleep is a question one of the young women in my church asked. We were talking about the Atonement in the garden of Gethsemene and how Jesus had asked His disciples to wait for Him while He went to pray, and how each time they fell asleep. She wondered how they could have done that if they knew what was going on just a few yards from where they were. As I sat there pondering, I came to a very solid conclusion for myself, what would I have done if I were in that situation. I told her I would have fallen asleep too. Why? Because I know myself. I can barely make it past 10 pm anymore. I have become an early to bed, late to rise person. And do you know what else I figured out, that's okay. It is a weakness.

Sorry, just fell asleep for a minute there. See what I mean? I wouldn't have lasted long. Goodnight.