Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Spirit of Beauty

When we went looking to buy a house I really didn't want this one, actually it was probably my last choice. All I can say is it had a lot of potential...a lot. I have worked hard the last 5 years trying to make this place a beautiful home, but there is only so much paint you can slap on the walls. I have still felt not quite settled. The boys have used and abused everything. But something has happened the last few days. Last Friday we had new floors installed in our living room and hallways and something has transformed in our family. All I can think to say is there is a sweet spirit in beautiful things. Not that everything or everyone who is beautiful has a sweet spirit, but there is something to be said for a spirit of beauty. I know many people who possess that spirit, I know many places which possess that spirit and it changes you. My boys are so happy. They just want to slide and snuggle and love this floor. They take care of it. They pick up their things when asked. I am so thankful to my Father in Heaven for the beautiful things He has blessed us with. A world so full of sunsets and trees and mountains and sky and birds and nature in general. For the spirit of beauty that now resides in my home, I feel blessed.