Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Emotions

This past weekend ended up being quite an emotional one, I guess you could blame it on the hormones (hehehehe), or it was that I felt the spirit extra strong. Friday I was working in my house trying to get ready for the carpet layers and found myself humming Somewhere Over the Rainbow. I don't know if I have ever mentioned this before, but whenever I hear that song or start singing it, it reminds me of Lucy and I have always felt it was her way of letting me know she is around. In the months following her death I heard it everywhere. Since then it has been few and far between, so when I noticed I was humming it last week, it was so sweet and I was happy to think about her, but then before I knew it I was crying uncontrollably. I miss that little nugget. A lot of crazy things are happening to people I know and love and somehow I think she knew I needed her. I am thankful for the tender mercies of a loving Father in Heaven.

Then on Saturday the waterworks continued. We went to the parade and I just get so emotional when the flag comes. When we stand and place our hands over our hearts. I feel like a blubbering idiot sometimes, but I can't help the emotions. I feel so completely blessed to live in this country, to enjoy what we enjoy and the sacrifices of so many to keep our freedoms and liberties.

Then Sunday I sang a song in Church. I tried to hold it in, but with all the emotions of the weekend and the spirit of the song I just can't help it. I'd like to leave you with the words of the song.

He numbers the stars,
And He calls them by name.
He knows every sparrow,
And the nest whence it came.
He cares for the lilies
So lovely to see.
Because He loves them so,
I know He loves me.

He watches the lambs,
In the fold where they sleep.
He cares for the shepherd,
Watching over His sheep.
He knows His creations,
Where e're they may be.
Because He loves them so,
I know He loves me.

He numbers the stars,
And our tears and our smiles.
He knows every sparrow,
And He knows every child.
And when I see starlight
Or birds on the wing
I know my Father loves me
And my heart sings.
I know my Father loves me
And my heart sings.

God really does know us and love us, I bear record of this truth with all that I posess, in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.