Sunday, July 20, 2014

Forgiveness

Do you ever get tired of your kids making the same mistakes over and over again? No matter how nice you are, no matter how much you yell, they keep doing the same things. Well last night I was tired and James keeps messing up and I am at my wit's end trying to get through to him so I yelled and made some snide comments. I wasn't proud of myself, but I was just so tired. And while I was trying to clean up the mess I thought of how much I mess up everyday. How many times do I keep making the same stupid mistakes? And yet my Father in Heaven never grows weary. He is willing to give me every opportunity willing to forgive me each and every time. Never yells. Just patiently waits for me to figure it out. Gently nudging me along with kindness and love. Boy did I have to repent quickly and change my attitude. If my Father is willing to do that for me, shouldn't I give my own child the same opportunity? It's hard being a parent. The hardest job I have ever had. Truly. My boys have taught me so much more than I ever thought possible to learn. The more I learn and grow the more I know that I know very few things. I thought I had everything figured out when I was 14. Now that I am 34 I realize I have a long ways to go yet. I am so grateful for a patient Father in Heaven. One who offered His Son as a means for us to be forgiven in all things. Who freely forgives and forgets the dumb things I do each and everyday. I have hope that someday I can be as good a parent as He is to me. My only hope is my kids will be just as patient. I am still learning it seems. Forever learning.