Friday, October 24, 2014

To be so loved

Yesterday was a rough day. My muscles around the incision sites have decided to form some kind of ginormous knot and torture me. I think I figured out a way to stretch it though and then ice it stretched so it doesn't want to go back to a knot. It still hurts but I'm not doubled over in pain. But then my body is so tired of sitting in the recliner too. I actually slipped into bed this morning around 4 and got a few hours of rest. Boy did that feel good. I miss my bed. I'm just afraid to be in it too long. Sort of hard to get out of. And through it all I have been so thankful, especially to Dave. He has taken such good care of me. Helping me at every turn. I realize more and more how blessed I am to have found him. It was quite a miraculous encounter, and I know that God had his hand in it. I am thankful for this messed up sore body, that it functions, that I am still here to enjoy this misery. I am thankful to great family and friends who have taken my load and born it for me. Making meals, taking my boys to and from school and activities, brought flowers, texted to see how I am. It's a wonderful thing to be so loved.