Thursday, January 8, 2015

Paths

Sometimes the paths we take aren't necessarily the paths we're meant to take. Sometimes God has other things in mind for us and sometimes we are bullheaded and try to stick to paths that shouldn't be kept to. And yet other times our paths become in line with what God wants for us and how amazing He is and generous when we follow the plan that is in tune with what he wants for us. And sometimes those things happen on the same day and all the paths line up. Today was just such a day. Honestly, I have been feeling all sorts of terrible these last few days. Nothing has felt right, my body has been angry at me and I didn't want to listen. I wanted to fight through it all the while my body is screaming at me to listen. Well today I did and boy did I feel better almost immediately. I ate fruit. I wasn't supposed to according to the diet, but I had to. I was so determined to finish this out, but it wasn't what I was supposed to do. It wasn't how it was supposed to turn out and I knew it from the beginning, but I felt I had to stick with the rules, but I couldn't. (Sorry Amber) I had to listen to my body and it desperately needed some carbs.

Next, things have shifted in our insurance world and things that were once affordable have now become completely unaffordable, but with God's help and the power of the priesthood we, Dave and I, have the greatest faith that all will work out. God really does care and helps us along. Also another plan is in place that will help us financially. And I am feeling really great about that too. All these things falling into place and all on the same day. It has been quite a blessed day. I am so thankful for promptings, I am thankful when I finally listened to them and I know that with God's help all things are possible. And every path we take is a learning experience. Sometimes we have to take the long way around, but I know eventually we'll get to where we need to be. With Faith and a little bit of courage.