Thursday, April 9, 2015

God loves all His children

This morning is just another testament about how much God loves all His children. The boys and I were running late this morning for school, which is typical, but I am usually yelling at them , but this morning even though we were running late I felt no need to hurry. I didn't understand the calm, but I just went with it. As I was driving I noticed a boy still walking to school all by himself, and we were already late so I knew he was going to be late too. I dropped the boys off and watched James walk to his class line, making sure he made it in time and drove off. As I rounded the corner the boy who had been walking finally made it to the fence and I was finally able to see who it was, one of James's friends and he was crying. I pulled into the next street flipped around and went around the parking lot again to see what was going on. He sat there and was watching his class walk in, but he stood frozen, like he didn't have the courage to walk in. I pulled along side him, got out of my car, a little embarrassed by my state of dress, but my pride was quickly squelched when I saw the hurt on his face. I asked him if he was okay. He was missing his mom. His sister had left him when they were walking to school and I think he just felt alone. I walked him into the school and told him to have a great day. He finally smiled and I knew God had made us late for a reason. He needed me to help this boy, His child, who was having a bad day. It just bore a strong witness to me about how much God loves  His children. Every single one. And I am so thankful for the opportunity to serve. I know I haven't always been open to serve. My pride or selfish ways get in the way. But I have had my testimony strengthened that God needs us to help each other. We are His hands. And I hope if He needs me again that I will be ready to do so.