Wednesday, April 22, 2015

I'm not above bribery

So there are a few personal goals my boys have needed to work on. I won't embarrass them by saying what, but they are things I have been noticing they need to improve, but every which way I tried to get them to do what I ask means bupkiss. So this past weekend it came to me like a vision of loveliness: bribery, or some might like to call positive reinforcement. It has been heaven sent. Instead of causing tension and fights it has created order and proactive willingness. James has a small goal so his won't take as long to earn his reward, which is cotton candy ice cream from Baskin Robbins. Ben's will take more time and effort so he wants a snap circuit set. Each day they have done so good. Like so good. I haven't had a single problem yet. It has only been a few days but they have really taken the reins in accomplishing their goals and it is fantastic. A gentle reminder here and there is all I need. It is wonderful. So bribery totally works, and I am not above using it.