Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Special Moments

Every once in a while I have special moments with my kids. Tonight was no exception. But tonight it was with Ben. Dave was gone and James had fallen asleep and Ben and I talked. He has struggles just like everyone else. He has a lot of similar experiences I had myself as a kid. And as much as I hate to see him go through them. I also strongly believe that in order to gain strength we must endure hardships, even at a young age. So although a part of me wants to shield them from the world an even bigger part of me wants to give them an inner strength that no matter what they face they will be strong enough to withstand whatever the world has to throw at them. I want them to know that no matter what, they know I love them, that God loves them, that no matter what anyone else says or thinks or does, doesn't matter. Sure it hurts, but if we remember whose we are, we are never alone and we are always enough. And then I prayed. I prayed for my sweet boy. I thanked my Heavenly Father that I get to be his mom and that he gets to be my boy and how much we love him. It was a sweet and memorable experience. I am thankful for those opportunities to help strengthen and support my boys. I am thankful for the inspiration to do so.