Monday, July 20, 2015

When thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.

D&C 11
21 Seek not to declare my word, but first seek to obtain my word, and then shall your tongue be loosed; then, if you desire, you shall have my Spirit and my word, yea, the power of God unto the convincing of men.
22 But now hold your peace; study my word which hath gone forth among the children of men, and also study my word which shall come forth among the children of men, or that which is now translating, yea, until you have obtained all which I shall grant unto the children of men in this generation, and then shall all things be added thereto.

These scriptures have become very important to me over the last couple of years. I was reminded of them yesterday when we were learning about Peter and feeding Christ's sheep. I have tried very hard to adhere to the message. When I first got called to be an advisor in the young women's program I felt very insecure and unsure if I had what it took to teach teenagers about Christ, about His church. I just "happened" upon them one day when I was really struggling. I am still not perfect in teaching, but I have seen the power in these statements come to fruition in my own life. There have been times, too many to count where I had the words I should say given to me, and the lessons I taught beyond anything I can describe. The spirit has been the teacher and I am humbled by the words that were said. I was even able to give a lesson without preparation because I had prepared spiritually and I think the spirit took pity on me. I know God loves His children. I have felt such great love for my girls. I feel so blessed to know them. I always prayed to have a daughter and God blessed me with 18 currently. I hope I never lose that desire to keep learning. The fire sometimes comes and goes depending on where I am at, but I hope to never lose the desire.