Monday, July 13, 2015

The old me

I spent last week at girls camp. The young women in my ward are amazing and the leaders I work with are hysterical. I admit I pulled quite a few pranks this year. I don't know quite what has come over me, but I am starting to feel like my old self. Happy, a little more carefree, not bogged down by the negative energy around me. It feels really good. And I can see the kind of effects my negative energy has on others and I am trying not to exude it, by changing my attitude and trying to be more positive. I am so thankful for my Heavenly Father, who has heard my prayers and is helping me become my true self. I'm still learning...learning who I am, what makes me tick, what makes me unique. I also know I have a long way to go. It feels like a very delicate balance, one I'm not sure I am winning. I might be more happy, but am I missing out on helping someone in need? I hope someday to figure it out. In the meantime, I will enjoy this new adventure and hope that I continue to find joy in the little things.