Sunday, March 13, 2016

Flowers

Months ago when I was struggling, struggling with my weight, struggling with my health, struggling with my depression Dave and I had gone on a hike. While on that hike I had a personal revelation. I needed to set some goals. Small more attainable goals for my weight loss and health. I had big goals and sometimes the big goals are hard to achieve. So I vowed if I could get down to a certain weight I would buy myself some flowers. Then if I got down to the next goal I would get a new outfit and the next goal it would be a violin (I have always wanted to learn) and the next and probably final goal would be a vacation. It seemed impossible at the time and really it has been months since I made those goals. I kind of felt like even the small goals were unattainable after a while. No matter what I was doing or how hard I worked nothing was budging. Well 3 weeks ago I finally got serious, serious enough to start making some changes. I got to a low point and knew I finally had to make some changes. Well yesterday I hit my first goal. I get to buy myself some flowers. I am so excited. I still have a ways to go and I may never hit the larger goals, but this first hurdle I have passed feels good. Makes me want to continue. Makes me want to keep moving forward. And 6 months ago I don't think I realized the boost this gives me. I am thankful most of all for my Savior, His Atonement. It may sound weird, but He is the power that gives me the strength to even start this journey. I have tried and failed many times in the past 6 months trying to go it alone. It wasn't until I turned to Him that this became a possibility. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. I have a long road to go, but I am thankful for the help and support. I am thankful for Dave who has been super supportive. And saying he is right there with me as he consumes a piece of cake or a donut. ;) I am thankful for his belief in me and being so sweet on my darkest days. It is always darkest before the dawn and I see the clouds beginning to break to a new light. I am also thankful for my new calling. I have new purpose. I am thankful for good friends too. Those who have been supportive. Thanks for cheering me on. I am deeply blessed.