Friday, January 28, 2011

A 15 Year Dream Realized (well sort of)

About 15 years ago I watched a PBS documentary on a castle in Fredericksburg. Inside this castle was a collection of paintings on the Savior. I fell in love. Since then I have been wanting to take a trip to Denmark just to see these paintings. Well today we took a little trip in honor of my birthday next week, not to Denmark, but to BYU where they are displaying several of the alter pieces by this particular artist. It was sooooooo amazing. I am so happy I got to see these paintings. Way better than a print because you get to the see the depth that the actual paint brings to the painting. Carl Bloch is an amazing artist and I am so glad he was inspired to paint these images. I still of course want to go to Denmark someday (silly I know), but there is just something about these paintings. I don't know how to describe it. So if anyone is interested they should go see the Carl Bloch exhibit at the BYU museum of art. AMAZING!