Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Bad Scare

Dave and I were watching tv and the boys were in the other room playing the wii, or so we thought. Benj was playing the wii but James was nowhere to be found. I went upstairs to see if I could find him. He wasn't in any of the boys rooms so I was headed toward mine. On my way I notice the garage door is not completely closed I stopped and thought maybe James had gone in the backyard through the garage door. He does that sometimes. Anyway I opened the door and call out his name. No answer, the garage door is still locked, but then I hear movement. I take a step out in the garage and there is James stuck in his old car seat. He had buckled himself in. The scary part is the garage was hot. It was in the afternoon and our garage gets that hot afternoon sun. He was a little lifeless and started crying when he saw me. I was freaking out because I have no idea how long he was stuck in there. Plus he had his trusty spider helmet on. He was drenched in sweat. I'm still freaked out by it all. If he had been in there much longer I hate to think what could have happened. I guess I better keep an even sharper eye on that boy. I don't want to lose him. I guess I want this to be a reminder to everyone else too, make sure you know where your kids are, don't assume like I did. Also give and show love as much as you can. You never know when it's going to be the last.