Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Benji is a two wheeler, well almost.

Well my kid is 5 almost 6, and I have been wanting him to learn to ride his bike without training wheels. He is already too big for his bike and we got him a bigger one, but he can't ride that until he masters the little one so I got out the tools and the trainers came off. I really thought it was going to be a long day but he kept getting better and better. Now if I can get him to stay focused on what he is doing instead of looking at the big brown dog down the street or wondering what I am doing as I am standing next to him we might make some progress. All in all I was really proud of him. Baby steps. Tonight after we practiced Dave turned to Benji and said good job riding your bike to which he replied, "Thank you." I thought that was cute. Anyway tomorrow awaits more practicing and more perfecting.