Saturday, August 6, 2011

A long week

We got back from a week long family reunion this morning and I am completely exhausted. Who knew it would be so difficult trying to please everyone? It was fun though. We went to Lagoon on Monday and I think that about took all the energy out of me for the week. I have been so tired all week and with Lucy being the hospital and worrying about the family and dealing with sickness I feel very heavy. And even being home today and being done with the reunion hasn't seemed to relieve any of the heaviness. I still worry about Lucy. It's hard to function sometimes in a world where everyone is still living out their lives and you want to smack some people over the head sometimes and say "Don't you get it? Don't you know what is happening? Are you seriously worrying about insignificant things when there is a sweet girl laying in the hospital struggling to survive?" Sorry I just wish things were different. I wish people were different. I wish I was different. I wish my body would work. I wish Lucy's heart would work. I wish people were more thoughtful. I wish I wasn't such a grouch so often. I guess I am a little sad and emotional today for reasons I don't understand completely. In the meantime I'll keep wishin', and hopin', and prayin'.