Thursday, March 8, 2012

The fat chic

I signed up for a triathlon training class. It's actually kind of brutal. I am only 2 days in, and it's the morning after the running portion and I still feel like throwing up. I have always been a big girl, but it was more to do with big muscles and big bones but now this chic is a lot of extra padding. It just feels so weird because inside I am still the girl who played volleyball for 3 hours a day, the one who was strong and though I thought I was huge at the time was actually a very healthy person for my body type. I totally used to compare myself and sometimes I guess I still do to the slimmer, smaller girls. But now that I am 32 I have realized that I can never be like that, but I would like to be a healthier version of what I am now. Sometimes I don't see the fat chic I have become. I don't realize how much I weigh because in all honesty I don't spend a lot of time looking in the mirror. But every now and then I catch a glimpse of myself or I will see a photograph and think is that really me? Because I just have never thought that this would be me, ever ,and for so long. So it got me thinking and pondering last night running around the track about how we really can't judge anyone. We have no idea what their stories are or what they are going through because until we walk a mile in their shoes we just don't understand. And now being a fat chic I hope people won't judge me based on my looks that they think they know me and my circumstances. We all have our personal struggles and I hope in time I can overcome mine. Even if I don't I am going to give it my best shot. So with that being said, I vow to be a little more empathetic of people everywhere.