Friday, March 9, 2012

i LOVE swimming

Last night was the third night of my I-tri class and can I just say how much I love swimming. It is non-impact, very challenging, peaceful and very quiet under the water. There is something so beautiful about having your head submerged in water and hearing the sound of your thoughts dancing around your head. It is very therapeutic. I put it up there as one of my all time favorite things to do next to mowing the lawn and shoveling the snow (no seriously I love to do those things). I was about ready to quit after the running day because well it is very difficult for me at this time being 200+ lbs. trying to run on a track. It doesn't feel good on this old girls body, even though I love to do it too just not at this size. So swimming, oh how I love thee. I wish I was swimming right now actually, even though my body is completely dead and sore. I never really wanted to swim before because I was always worried about wearing a bathing suit, but the older I get the more I find that life is going to pass me by with all the worrying I do and who gives a flying flip when you can commune with one of natures most beautiful elements. Water.