Sunday, April 15, 2012

Happiness Is...

Today in Relief Society we talked about the eternal life of a soul. And with Lucy being on my mind this past week and her being away for 6 months I just really appreciated the lesson today. I knew Lucy before this life, before either of us were born she has always been a part of my family and when she came I still knew her and loved her and even though she is gone I still feel like I know and love her and am continuing to build that relationship with her. She is not gone, I feel her near sometimes, checking in on her crazy aunt making sure I haven't forgotten. I know she is working hard on the other side making sure others know what we know, making sure everyone is smiling, infecting others with her beautiful laugh and smile. She is laughing and enjoying a soul without a broken body. Her spirit is free to soar and dance and run. She was lucky to only have to serve a short 15 month mission on this earth and returned home and while I miss her I am deeply happy for her. And I am so thankful for a loving Father who left a sweet reminder of her in her sister. Sweet Hazel. I love that girl. I know I loved her before and still love her and will continue to, just as I love all my nieces and nephews and my children and my brothers and sisters, my parents and especially Dave. We are truly spiritual beings having a human experience and while I sometimes struggle making my way through the daily grind, I know and remember this life is but a blink of an eye compared to the eternal joy that awaits us when we are finished. Holy hannah I can not wait for that blessed day. (Not that I want to die anytime soon, but when it is my time I will welcome it gladly) Life is beautiful, sticky, messy, scary, sad, lonely, joyful, happy, crazy and completely wonderful and I am so thankful for my family, all of them. Each of them owns a special piece of my heart that no one but them can fill. I am thankful for eternity for an eternal family, for forever. It doesn't quite seem long enough for me, but I am glad to know I have so many wonderful friends and family who will be there to share it with me.