Thursday, April 12, 2012

Myfitnesspal

So my friend told me about an app she has been using to lose weight so I thought I would try it out. I know it is a little early to tell, but so far it has been the motivating factor I needed to do what I should have been doing all along. Well since my doc wanted my calories at 19b00 a day and I stink at keeping track, the best I can really do is guesstimate, well this app helps me do it all. It has every food imaginable and servings and how many calories and basically you just have to know how much of something you ate and it figures it all out for you. Also you can enter in your daily workout and bam! It keeps track of everything. I especially love that feature because I have been exercising just so I can put it in. I was hoping to get away with doing yard work or something for my exercise, but there isn't an exercise called shoveling compost or weeding flowerbeds so it motivated me above and beyond what I would have done. At the end of the day it also tells you how awesome you were or how what you did that day and if you continue could lead to weight gain and other things. So in 5 weeks if I keep doing what I am doing I could be down 15 pounds. Not that I actually will, but it is motivation, because honestly I have no self-control, but with this my choices are much more clear for me and I can see overall the choices I am making and it is fun. Plus I am just trying to catch up to Dave who has so far lost 25 pounds, which I secretly despise him for even though I am immensely proud of of him, what can I say he is a rock star at self-control, once he puts his mind to something there is nothing that can stop him or sabotage him even if I did try once or twice. ;o)