Saturday, April 28, 2012

Our Little Vacay










We planned a last minute little getaway these last 3 days. We headed down to Cedar City on Thursday afternoon. The next day we headed out to Zion's and Bryce national parks. It was really beautiful to see the wonders of some of God's most beautiful creations. We also drove through Hatch where my grandmother grew up. It sort of made me wonder about her story how she came to be with my grandpa and so far from her home. It also was amazing to me that she grew up in such a small desert wasteland sort of and what led her to become the prim and proper fashionista that she was. (I guess I need to check in with my mom about that). We also spent hours on a hike which only got us to a little cabin, had we gone further than that who knows, but it was fun to make it as far as we did. The boys of course fought the whole time, tried my patience, made me almost wish I was a swearing girl who has an occasionally drink to take the edge off sometimes. But by today I figured half of the stuff they do doesn't matter and the other half they are going to have to figure out on their own. Today we drove back with a few stops along the way, Cove Fort and a museum with some of Dave's ancestors in Fairview. All in all it was a really fun trip. Nice to get out of town, and nice because no one killed each other. I think I could do that again, just not anytime soon.