Monday, June 4, 2012

An Awakening

This past week has sort of been an eye opener for me as far as making sure to take my medicine. I have to start out with I have been feeling so awesome for the last month. My endo upped my dose of thyroid medicine and I feel normal again. For the first time and for a long time in a long time. So last weekend I forgot to take it Friday (you have to take it in the morning an hour before you eat). Saturday I took my last pill in my bottle, needing a refill of course, but forgot. So I didn't have it for Sunday and didn't order it then either which means I didn't have it for Monday. I finally ordered it Monday so I had it for Tuesday. Can I just say that I felt horrible all week. It took about 5 days before I felt good again. It is so interesting to me to see such a dramatic difference in a short period of time. It is also interesting that the way I felt this past week was my old normal. And now that I finally feel good the difference between my old normal and my new normal is drastic. I'm not sure how I survived for 3 years or more the old way. All I know is that I am so thankful for all the help, all the angels both seen and unseen who helped me through some of the worst times. It is such mental and physical torture when you know your body has the capability of doing so many things that it used to do so well and can no longer. Those were some dark times and I am happy to report the light I feel. A great weight has been lifted. Freedom.