Sunday, June 10, 2012

The last few weeks have been full of great activities. I of course would love to add pictures to the story, but they won't upload. So we went to the airshow a few weeks ago. I love going, I used to go a lot when I was younger. There is so much pride in this little heart of mine for all those who work so valiantly to protect our country, our country itself, and especially the flag. I really get quite emotional about it. The planes are amazing. I loved every minute of it, well except for the torrential downpour and being soaked to the bones. So cold, but worth it especially to see that same look on my dad's face that I feel in my own heart, bunch of softies us two.

The following Monday we went and visited all the cemeteries. This is also a tradition passed down by my own mother. Although, we usually went on Friday, less busy that day and we would always make a picnic lunch of it. I was just sad we had to add one more stop to the list this year, sweet little Lucy. Man I miss that kid, but I heard one of her songs the other morning at McDonald's and of course thought of her again. I am so thankful for the gospel of Jesus Christ that allows us the surety of being with our loved ones again. It makes the sting of death not so hurtful.

We celebrated James' graduation from the co-op preschool. That kid has grown so much this past year. He doesn't know all his letters and numbers, basically just one, two, three then he starts all over again, but his personality has blossomed, he loves all his preschool friends especially Kaleb and Easton. He is just a little chatter box too and is so fascinated by so many things. I think he is finally catching the learning bug.

This past week I enjoyed going with Benji on his school field trip to the zoo. We had his friend Rooks join us. There is nothing quite like trying to run through the zoo in 50 minutes and eat lunch, but we did it and it was actually quite fun. Benji enjoyed hanging out with his friend, although I was sad to hear he is moving in a couple of weeks. I just hope Benji can find some new friends in his class next year. Makes me sort of sad for the little guy, because I had the same thing happen to me when I was younger. Thankfully we still keep in touch, but somehow I don't think that will be the case in Benji's case.

Then this weekend our city had their town days. Friday we went to the park and enjoyed the touch-a-truck activity the most. My boys can never get enough of big trucks and to be able to climb inside and to sit behind the wheel was so fun. Then yesterday morning was the parade. They had a bike parade first and James and I dressed up as Batman, I was trying to do something brave but sort of felt like an idiot the longer the parade went on, especially since I was running behind James and at times was sort of alone. But I did it anyway, and hopefully no one knew who was behind the mask. After we finally made it to our spot we enjoyed the parade. Everyone loved James dressed as Batman, and we milked it for all it was worth. I especially think he enjoyed being the center of attention. Both boys though were pretty tired after a while and lost interest in the parade. We also went to a birthday party last night for Dave's cousins baby, which was fun and the boys had a blast. Then as we were driving home after visiting grandma and grandpa C. it was so close to 10 pm that we went over and watched the fireworks from our car in the parking lot. A great finale to the last couple of weeks.

All I can say is my family is amazing. I am always in such awe and wonder at how much I love them and love being with them. They make my life so full of love and joy and laughter. Oh they can sure drive me to the brink of insanity sometimes, but they do it with such style and persistence that I can't help but laugh. And while we don't have a lot of traditions we do try to spend a lot of time just being together and I love that.