Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Saying Goodbye

I spent this evening half way under my parents bed. Why you ask? Well my sweet and sometimes cantankerous pup Oscar tends to live under there, and sometimes getting down there on the floor seems like the best thing to do when you are saying goodbye to an awesome dog. He has been in our lives for 13 years, my favorite number, which has been the whole part of my adult life. His sidekick Zoey has lived with us for awhile now, but Oscar has and always will hold a special place in my heart. He is getting old though and it seems the just thing to do, not prolong his agony, but it is hard to say goodbye to someone who has been in a major portion of your life. I cry just thinking about the void he will leave behind and I hope that through the years we have treated him well enough that he might want to visit us in the eternities. Goodbye Oscee boy, I sure am going to miss you. Until we meet again.