Thursday, September 20, 2012

Loss

I was all set to write a different post this morning, until I talked with my friend. Recently she suffered a loss, a miscarriage and I can't help but feel for her. I have been there and done that, twice. I really wouldn't wish that for anyone. People suffer everyday. I would never wish my problems on anyone and I wouldn't wish for theirs either. We at some point in our lives will be called upon to bear a seemingly unbearable cross. I wish we didn't have to suffer, I wish we didn't have to go through terrible, horrible things, but we do. And I think those deep dark times help us appreciate such joy and beauty in the most simple things. With loss comes a rebirth of ourselves. With death comes a new little miracle waiting to be born. :0) And while I hate to have anyone experience a miscarriage like I have, there is something so powerfully connecting when you can honestly say I understand, and I am truly sorry. That's why we are here, not for ourselves, but for eachother. Because those dark days come, and let us all be willing to buoy eachother up.