Tuesday, September 18, 2012

My Latest Obsession

Well I have always been obsessed with potato wedges. Just ask my mother. Anytime she would pick up fried chicken at the store or KFC, I would make her buy potato wedges for me. Or if I bought something I would always get a double side of wedges (since I can't stand eating chicken off a bone all I would eat are the wedges, we'll save that rant for another day). So recently I read in a magazine how to make my own and I have made them at least once a week for the past month or so. So here is how easy it is. Preheat your oven to 400°. Cut potatoes into wedges (I love the red potatoes best). Put them on a parchment lined baking sheet (trust me you'll want to do this because otherwise you'll have a lot of scrubbing to do). Next pour olive oil on the potatoes (1-2 tbls.) Next pour your favorite BBQ seasonings mix (I have some delicious cowtown BBQ seasonings) or seasoned salt or even just salt if you'd like. Mix them good to get them all coated. Bake for 40 minutes. You can turn them halfway if you'd like, I usually don't. Enjoy! I usually eat them up with my favorite fry sauce a little mayo and BBQ sauce. Man are they delicious. 30 more minutes and I get to enjoy another batch with some fresh corn, zucchini and a salad. Mmmmm.
P.S. While I am here James said the greatest thing. Being very serious, "You'll be in time out, and no playing games and no water." I have never threatened no water before, honestly. :0)