Saturday, September 1, 2012

Thunderstorm

Well since I am up...there is nothing quite like being roused from your sleep like the sound of a clap of thunder so loud you think someone is trying to break down your bedroom window. And somehow I am the only one awake in my house. My boys are sleeping soundly like nothing extraordinary is going on outside. I used to love thunderstorms, I guess in a way I still do, but it has me thinking of a particularly scary night stuck in a tent in Yellowstone while several hours of cracking and rumbling were going on around us. I remember wondering if we were going to live through that particular night and so grateful that our little 9 month old Benji at the time had the great sense to sleep through the whole thing, just like tonight. I was so scared. I'm pretty sure Dave and I held on to each other hoping we survived while split seconds of white and booming thunder were coming down all around us. Tonight although being woken from the dead of sleep, I am so thankful to be in my house and not stuck in a tent in the middle of a forest. So here is to an amazing thunderstorm bringing much needed rain and to a remembrance of one of the most harrowing nights of my life. Maybe I still need therapy?? ;0)