Thursday, December 6, 2012

Visiting Teaching

Our church has this really cool program called visiting teaching. Each lady is assigned a partner and you are given a list of names of women that you should visit once a month or send letters or whatever. This program is designed to sort of look out for each other. Keep watch over the flock. Tonight we decided to do some drive by visiting teaching and only ended up at one house but it was one of the best 1 1/2 hours I have spent in a while. We have a new person on our list for the last three months, but we haven't visited her yet until tonight. She is AWESOME!! I love this. I love getting to know the women in my church. I love seeing people on a deeper level. I love making new friends. I love this opportunity to have some extra estrogen flowing through the veins. Women need women. I mean I feel like I have done alright for myself surrounded by all this testosterone, no sisters, no daughters. My mom is great, my second mom is great, my sisters in law are great my friends and neighbors are great. I just don't always realize how awesome women can be for my soul. They fill me up. I love this program of visiting teaching. I know we are assigned women for a reason, supposedly it is for their benefit but somehow I feel the benefits. I get way more. Sisterhood is amazing. Thank you to all the women in my life who nourish and strengthen me, who teach me about being a woman, I have some really great examples to follow.